We take boys from Year 3 onwards for boarding and day places. Entry to the school can be at the start of any of the three terms in the academic year. Entry for Year 8 will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
We are predominantly a boarding school but day boys are most welcome. Your son may start as a day boy but may want to transfer to boarding with his friends - we welcome this. We will offer trial boarding nights for your son so that you and he can be absolutely sure he will be happy to board.
Your son will need to come to us for a one day assessment. During the day he will have an English and Maths assessment and an informal interview with the Headmaster. He will join classes and activities during the day and will be well looked after by two boys of a similar age. We want to make sure that your son will cope with our curriculum and that he will be happy with Horris Hill life.
- Request our prospectus by clicking here
- Arrange a visit by emailing the Registrar here. During your visit you will meet with the Headmaster, have a tour of the school and visit one of our boarding houses. There is no need to bring your son at this stage but he is of course very welcome!
- To register your son with us please complete the registration form and transfer your £100 registration fee by clicking here. Once your son is registered with us he will be added to our list for your chosen year of entry.
- Assessment. We will contact you one year ahead of your chosen entry year to invite your son for his one day assessment. We are also able to arrange assessments at short notice for late registrations subject to places being available in that year group. We will always try to accomodate a date that is most convenient for you.
- Results of assessment. Once your son has visited us for his assessment day we will write to you with our decision. His Maths and English reports and scores will also be sent to you. Our offer of a place is valid for 14 days after which your son will be added to our waiting list.
- Acceptance of a place. Simply return our Acceptance form together with your £1000 deposit and your son's place will be secured.
- Fees for your son's first term with us must be paid one month in advance of the start of that term. For subsequent terms, fees are payable on or before the first day of term.