To maintain the unique ethos amongst the school community of children and staff
- To encourage children to take responsibility for themselves and each other.
- To maintain an orderly, structured but energetic environment.
- To offer quick and individual support whenever it is needed, whether to right wrongs or to encourage creative action.
To prepare pupils well for entry to their Senior School
- To deliver success in achieving first choice places at senior schools.
- To provide a rigorous and extensive academic, musical and artistic foundation.
- To offer a wide variety of sports and extra-curricular activities, so that every child has the opportunity to develop interests away from the classroom.
- To promote personal qualities that allows the children to get the best from each other and their surroundings.
To maintain the best possible facilities, routines and staffing
- To provide the highest possible standards of support for all children throughout the day and in each of the boarding houses.
Our School Charter
The three core ideas in our school charter are Family, Freedom and Flair.
Horris Hill is fundamentally a family school, with its community of international, domestic and day pupils, creating an inclusive, modern and broad community. We encourage a culture of inclusion, support and respect for each other and our environment.
Children of all ages are given a great deal of freedom; from nursery upwards, children are able to explore our natural environment though play and outdoor learning. The school has lots of facilities and space for children to engage in a wide variety of activities, including swimming, football and athletics.
Horris Hill encourages individuality and regularly celebrates flair in the pupils, expressed most strongly not only in academic work, but also in the many musical and artistic opportunities our children enjoy. Children work on being the best versions of themselves, in each of their unique interests and passions.